Ramirez
Moderátor
Zařízení:
iPhone 12 / Apple Ipad / Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
Odesláno:
26. 07. 2009 17:23
Duke Nukem 3D Revealed
Duke Nukem 3D Revealed

You will not be playing Duke Nukem Forever any time soon. If you were hoping to get your Duke fix that way, so sorry. However, there is another screen where you can enjoy Mr. Nukem's brand of action-filled, one-liner braggadocio: iPhone. Very soon, MachineWorks Northwest will upload the classic shooter Duke Nukem 3D to the App Store.

The developer has ported over the entire 1996 PC game to the iPhone, so if you have fond memories of ventilating pig-cops and saving strippers, all of this will be both welcome and familiar. It had been a long time since I last stepped out with the Duke, but settled right back into our old two-step after just a few minutes with an earlier build of the game. While MachineWorks has not monkeyed with the gameplay at all, it has subtly upgraded the visuals. The sprites still get a touch blocky up close, but they have been smoothed out so it's not as harsh as you may recall. Those wise-ass cracks, though? They are fully intact.

Obrázek

Now, there is always the immediate concern over controls. Duke Nukem 3D uses the same control scheme as MachineWorks' recent prey Invasion. On-screen control bars move and look. If you use the classic control scheme, there is also a virtual fire button. However, the tap-to-shoot mechanic is far more tactile -- and enjoyable. Just jab away at an alien to fill it full of lead. You can adjust the transparency of the control bars to clear up the HUD to your preferred state. I like to dial back the HUD pretty far so there is just a hint of the control bars on-screen.

As noted in my review of Prey Invasion, I happen to like the tap-to-shoot option. It is very casual-friendly and is a solid workaround for a device that may not entirely have the pixel-precision of mouse/keyboard controls. That said, Prey and Duke are different types of shooter, so I am curious to see if the ease-of-use completely transfers to Duke Nukem 3D.

Duke Nukem will be on the App Store very soon. As soon as it goes live, look for a full review on IGN.

uz sa moooc tesim :D :D
Moderátor
vlastamb
Mobil Čumil Plus
Odesláno:
23. 08. 2009 18:33

Re: Duke Nukem 3D Revealed

aaaaaa tak to bude masakr - kua uz at to vyjde - to zas zavarim iP :D
Apple iPhone 3G 16GB -JB-3.0 , Pocket Asus A696 , Nokia E51
Mobil Čumil Plus
Chrono Leggionaire
Veterán